One of the things I miss from living in Wichita Falls, TX was going to Samurai of Tokyo. A great teppanyaki restaurant made special by the sauce they add to everything. Especially the rice. I knew that if I could get the sauce, I could make it myself. So either I have my family ship it to me, or I figure it out myself. Being adventurous I decided to make it myself. After a number of trials and Googling, I cracked it. Below is the recipe I use to make my own awesome stir fry at home. Have fun tweaking the recipe to your liking.
- 10 oz Kikkoman Soy Sauce
- 1 Large Yellow Onion
- ½ Lime without rine
- 1 Stalk of Celery
- 1 cup Water
- 3 tbs Sugar
- Sprinkle of MSG (optional)
- Dry Sesame Seeds (optional)
- Bring water to a boil. Add sugar and MSG. Stir till dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- Chop the celery into small pieces and throw into a frying pan with a little oil. Fry till yellow. Set aside to cool.
- Dice the onion. Size doesn't matter too much.
- Add everything but the sesame seeds into the blender and blend till everything is almost liquified.
- Add sesame seeds on a low setting.
- Add to a container and store in fridge.